Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cozy Calm

My youngest son has not slept through the night consistently since he was born. He's gotten better in the last few years, but there are still 3 nights out of 7 when he wakes in the night - usually due to bad dreams.

So, when my friend, Eileen, offered me a Cozy Calm Weighted Blanket™, who was I to say no? Cameron was so excited to try it out this past Friday night. He loved how soft it is (cuddly, anti-pill fleece), and how comfy he felt just lying under it. He wanted to go to bed right then, but considering it was only 3:30 in the afternoon, I told him he had to wait.

He went to bed at 7 pm. He usually watches Mythbusters before he falls asleep. He was down for the count before the episode ended. AND, he slept 9 hours straight! He has slept soundly, and woken up chipper, every night since.

Eileen also gave Cameron a Cozy Calm Weighted School Lap Cozy™. It's sort of like a lap blanket and Cameron uses it when he is sitting at his desk at school. It's amazing! It stops the fidgets and allows him to focus on his schoolwork.

Full disclosure - Eileen has been a friend for the last 17 years, and I also do some writing and editing for her website, CozyCalm.com. If I hadn't seen how well the blanket and lap cozy work with Cameron, I would not be posting about it. As Cameron says "Thank goodness for Eileen!"

2 comments:

Analisa said...

How wonderful is that!!! Sometimes our help comes in ways we never expected. Glad he is getting his sleep and peace at school..ummm I wonder if it would work for my bouts of insomnia. :)

Thanks for the link

Anonymous said...

Weighted Blankets are great. Ours came from DreamCatcher Weighted Blankets at www.weightedblanket.net and we could not live without it!!